Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin 10" Diamond Oval Steel
Sharpening steels with a diamond coating of the blade deliver a particularly fine re-sharpening result.
- Step 1: Place the knife blade against the tip of the sharpening steel at an angle of approximately 20 degrees
- Step 2: Pull the knife down and across the steel, describing a slight arc
- Step 3: Repeat this action on the back of the steel to sharpen the other side of the blade
- Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 five to ten times, alternating the left and right side of the blade
- It is very important to maintain the angle of 20 degrees and to run the full length of the cutting edge along the steel from the hilt to the tip of the knife. Speed of movement plays no part in this process.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels 32525-261