In Japan, this knife style is known as a gyuto. It is the Japanese equivalent of the chef’s knife. In other words, it’s an all-purpose knife. It’s ideal for meat and fish, yet performs beautifully on vegetables, too. Although the blade is thinner than the traditional chef’s knife, it still offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. If you’re looking for a lighter, more nimble multi-purpose kitchen knife, the Shun Classic 7" Asian Cook’s Knife is sure to become your go-to knife for a wide range of dicing, chopping, and slicing tasks.
- An Agile, All-Purpose Asian-Style Kitchen Knife
- Hand-Sharpened 16° Double-Bevel Blade (32° Comprehensive)
- Steel: VG10 Cutting Core, 32 Layers (16 Per Side) Stainless Damascus Cladding
- Handle: D-Shaped Ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade Length: 7"(17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted In Japan
KAI Style # DM-0760