The 12 inch carbon steel grill pan is perfect for shrimp, veggies or anything you want to grill. The grid design prevents food from falling through the grate, but allows just enough smoke and sear to infuse the meal.
- Heavy gauge carbon steel.
- Preseasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use.
- Steel riveted handles.
- Made in the USA.
The following is use and care for Lodge Seasoned Carbon Steel cookware. By Following these instructions, you can keep your Seasoned Carbon Steel cookware in excellent condition.
If you do Nothing Else...
- Hand wash. Dry immediately—even before first use.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
- How much oil? Just enough to restore the sheen, without being sticky.
- Why? To keep the steel “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
- Lodge Seasoned Carbon Steel is right at home on induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops, in your oven, on the grill, or even over the campfire.
- Do not use in the microwave.
- Always heat and cool your pan gradually.
- On glass or ceramic cooktops, lift cookware; never slide it.
- Use metal, wood, or hi-temp silicone utensils.
- Some foods may stick to new cookware (especially eggs).
- Use a little extra oil or butter until you’ve built up the “seasoning”.
- Seasoning creates the natural, easy-release properties.
- The more you cook the better it gets.
- When cooking at medium-high to high temperatures with small amount of oil, add oil to cookware and brush on food just before adding food.
- Match pan size to burner size.
- Don’t use in the microwave.
- These handles get hot; use mitts.
- Use trivets to protect countertops from hot cookware.
- Rust!? Don’t Panic – It’s really easy to fix. Scour the rust, rinse, dry, and rub with a little vegetable oil.